Technical Architects are the devoted problem solvers responsible for the overall execution and organization of the development effort on large-scale technology engagements. The Technical Architect has the ultimate responsibility of making technologies work together and, as a result, is a key role that contributes heavily towards the success of the project. They transform the requirements into architecture and design documents used by the rest of the team to actually build the solution.
- Experience developing and leading large-scale technology engagement in an agency environment.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages (e.g. JS, C#, Java and PHP, Perl, SQL, Ruby-on-Rails, etc.) and the ability to propose alternative solutions and cost-benefit analysis based on these technologies.
- Expert-level knowledge in Web 2.0 technologies, including AJAX, social networking and blog platforms, widget development, mobile and emerging digital interfaces.
- Advanced knowledge and hands on experience with various CMS platforms, Drupal in particular.
- Experience working with an eCommerce platform, Demandware preferred.
- Familiarity with each of the various UML forms and expertise in the development of use cases, class diagrams, and occasionally state diagrams.
- An excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.).
- SAs work with resource managers to define overall recruiting needs, in addition to collaborating with Technology Directors to develop estimates and overall implementation of solution plans.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills.